Legend has it
The cat made it 4th on the animal calendar list after being betrayed by the rat during the Great race. While crossing the river on the water buffalo, the scheming rat pushed the cat into the river to ensure its place at the top of the list.
Ever since then the cat and the rat have been mortal enemies.
One of the most asked questions on when looking at the Vietnamese zodiac is: Why is there a cat instead of a rabbit?
Here are some possible explanations for why:
- The Chinese word for cat is māo which sounds a lot like the word mèo in Vietnamese.
- Vietnamese farmers had very little use for the rabbit, however the cat was much more useful for capturing rats who would feed on their crops.
- Cats and cogs are naturally enemies so it would make sense when looking at the balance of the universe to include two mortal enemies.
Whatever the reason may be, the cat has now been embraced into the Vietnamese zodiac and is here to stay.
- Good judgement
- Self* Indulgent
- Mood Swings
You Know You’re a cat sign if:
- Feel comfortable in social situations and being alone. You have the ability to alternate between the two.
- Never want to settle down or be committed to one person or one thing.
- Listen to yourself and don’t care what others think.
- You are kind and helpful.
Here are some famous people born into the year of the cat:
Nicholas Cage, Brad Pitt, Quentin Tarantino, Jet Li, Johnny Depp, Andy Warhol, Francis Ford Coppola